The time has come, flying by, ending the current year and closing this chapter.
So, in addition to setting New #Goals for 2018, I hesitate to just walk away from 2017 without giving a shoutout to what I have learned this year.
- Children grow up so fast. Sure we all know this, but when you have a child during a whole year, you really realize this on another level.
- Never, ever take your loved ones for granted. You never know who may not join you tomorrow in life’s journey.
- No response is sometimes the best response. It’s the same concept we all learned growing up, “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.” #practicemakesperfect
- Trust but do not be deceived. “Go with your gut.” #enoughsaid
- I am capable of changing my state of mind for the benefit of the experience. This has come with age, but it is definitely a welcomed skill. I learned to “put on my party hat” in multiple situations / experiences instead of letting the gap between my expectations and reality ruin my time. #goME
- Hard work pays off. I have been called a #perfectionist but I’ve learned to be #flexible and give myself a break while keeping focused and continue to push myself and in 2017 I was rewarded multiple times for that hard work and I am very proud of what I accomplished.
Now that I have paid homage to the 365 challenges and opportunities that 2017 brought, let’s plan for 2018 and aim higher!!!
In no particular order
- Take 1 whole day off from #socialmedia once a month
- PR in New Orleans for the Rock ‘N Roll Marathon #RNRNOLA
- BLOG MORE #beginnerblogger
- Stop comparing myself to others
- Complete one #money #savings #challenge
- Go to #local live #music concerts
- Drop the resentment within #strugglebus
- Floss teeth daily
- Call grandparents more
- Donate more money to charities
- Pray more #meditate #givethanks
- Get more rest #sleepwell
- Get less frustrated with my #toddler
- Squat more #dropitlikeasquat
- Schedule monthly #datenight with the hubs
- Love on my doggy more #lazybones #ckcs
- Revisit this list on the last day of each month.